In cooperation with Knox Public Health the following changes to student quarantine will be implemented starting Oct 19, 2021.
For any student who is considered “close contact” the following procedures will be followed.
- Students identified will be permitted to attend classes as long as they consistently and correctly wear a mask while indoors, or outdoors if not social distanced AND they remain symptom free during the 10 day “modified quarantine.” Students currently quarantined may return if they follow the modified protocol through the remainder of their quarantine.
- Students are not permitted to participate in OR attend any extracurricular activities.
- Students must report to their respective school offices each morning to be sure the student is symptom free. Any of the following symptoms will immediately place the student into home quarantine: Fever 100 F or higher, headache, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion, runny nose, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
- Students who have negative PCR or antigen test after day 6 may be released from modified quarantine on day 8. All other students will be released from protocol on day 11 after exposure.
- Any student that develops symptoms during the modified quarantine must isolate for 10 days after the beginning of symptoms.
- Students unable or unwilling to wear a mask must follow the current quarantine protocol and not attend school during the quarantine period.
- Students diagnosed with COVID must still follow current isolation protocol.