Job and Family Services – Maintenance Repair Worker 1
Effective immediately, there is an opening in the Workforce Unit for a Maintenance Repair Worker 1. This is a full-time, permanent position in pay range 04 with a starting salary of $14.19 per hour.
Under the direction of direct Supervisor, performs landscaping functions such as, but not limited to mowing, trimming and mulching. Oversees non-county employed WEP workers involved in groundskeeping duties, including mowing, trimming, pulling weeds, etc. Transports mowing equipment off site. Performs a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled maintenance duties. Assists a variety of skilled maintenance repair workers and skilled trade persons in maintenance repair work. Is responsible for minor repair of mowing equipment and tools used in grounds maintenance. Maintain/repair tools, mowing equipment to assure proper and safe working order. Regular and dependable attendance. Ability to get along with others.
Removes snow and ice from walkways and drives; orders, checks and stocks supplies. Assists in planning work projects; completes necessary reports, forms, narratives, correspondence and other written material as required. Picks up supplies and materials from suppliers as needed, using truck and trailer. Provides culturally competent service to all clients, the public and colleagues.
Custodial duties: sweeps, vacuums, mops, strips/waxes floor surfaces, etc., in a backup capacity as needed. Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
The minimum qualifications are as follows:
- Two years of experience in a position similar to a Maintenance Repair Worker.
- Or education, training, and/or experience equaling two years in general maintenance tasks (e.g., basic & semi-skilled electrical, plumbing, carpentry, heating and cooling, and masonry repair and use of associated hand and power tools). Also requires formal education in arithmetic that includes addition, subtraction, multiplication and division; and reading and writing common English vocabulary.
- Or education, training, and/or experience in an amount equal to the Minimum Qualifications stated above.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License.
Unusual Working Conditions/Hazards
The position requires some responsibility for the safety of others. The incumbent comes in contact with potentially dangerous tools and equipment and must be careful not to injure anyone. Additionally, the position involves risks and discomforts that require special safety precautions. The employee uses power tools, climbs ladders, is exposed to electricity, and runs the risk of serious injury. Proper safety gear, such as gloves and boots, must be worn in certain situations.
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letters to Courtney Lower, Human Resources Administrator at Courtney.Lower@jfs.ohio.gov. This position will remain open until filled.