Assistant Store Manager
$49,000 – $59,000 a year
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Customer service: 1 year (Required
Full Job Description
Assistant Store Leader is responsible for assisting with the overall day-to-day operations of the store including continuous development of effective store associates to achieve desired sales and profit results. Assess daily the stores’ ability to meet/exceed customer expectations for ease of shopping, variety, freshness, cleanliness, food safety and regulatory compliance. Assist with coaching and development of store associates through both formal and informal interactions. Perform scheduling, security, maintenance, safety, sanitation, ordering, administration & Human Resource-related duties. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion, and safety. share responsibility for store performance in all areas of operation/human resources.
· Assistant Store Leaders assist store manager & associates in the achievement of a favorable customer shopping experience & develop associate interest in customer service/relations to enhance Kroger’s best-in-class reputation
· Assist store manager in leading teams in planning, implementing & executing merchandising/operating initiatives
· Assistant Store Leaders also assist store manager with developing action plans/communications to associates on Associate Insight survey results
· Work with department heads/store associates to identify store opportunities, develop timely solutions & create action plans to ensure plan implementation
· Role model/demand a highest level of customer service & solve associate/customer issues/concerns
· Manage total store operations in store manager’s absence
· Achieve/exceed weekly, period, & annual sales, wage budgets & profit budgets, as well as other targeted goals (e.g., safety, shrink)
· Drive sales by working with department managers to produce/maximize sales & profits, reduce shrink & improve each store department’s contribution
· Assist store manager in regular store-level financial performance discussions with associates regarding developing budgets (e.g., sales, shrink, labor expenses, other expenses) & other targeted goals (e.g., safety)
· Analyze/ respond to competitive landscape within district/division
· Demonstrate inclusionary leadership; expect inclusive behavior from associates
· Utilize coordinators/other field staff to ensure store departments achieve sales/profit goals & ensure implementation/execution of division merchandising plans
· Promote/support strong relationships with local community organizations in store’s surrounding area
· Assist in building proactive/productive relationships with union representatives/business agents if store is covered by collective bargaining agreement
· Communicate necessary information to associates to help them effectively carry out duties
· Serve as liaison to store/district managers & coordinators on effectiveness of division merchandising/ operational plans/programs
· Assist store manager in staffing, reducing turnover & increasing retention
· Provide timely individual/department performance feedback to department heads & associates
· Assist with labor management & supply costs on a daily basis to meet customer service/financial targets
· Ensure store compliance & associate knowledge of federal, state, & local laws/enterprise policies
· Supervise and coach direct reports on the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports
· Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
Some of the Leadership Behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
· Puts the Customer First – Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
· Communicates effectively and candidly – Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
· Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
· Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
· Coaches and develops others – Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
· Leads change and innovation – Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
· Executes with excellence – Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
· Provides clear and strategic direction – Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
· Safety Awareness -Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Minimum Position Qualifications/Education:
· High school diploma/GED
· 1 year of experience as department manager, service manager, or equivalent experience
Desired Previous Job Experience:
· Retail management experience & knowledge of all aspects of store operations
· Staff supervisory experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $49,000.00 – $59,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Customer service: 1 year (Required)
- Management: 2 years (Required)
- Multiple locations
Work Location: Multiple Locations