Director of Nursing (DON)
Whispering Hills Care Center
Full Job Description
***$5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS!****
Whispering Hills Rehab and Nursing Center is looking for an experienced Director of Nursing for our skilled Nursing Facility. A Director of Nursing is responsible to make a compelling difference in the lives of our residents through providing excellence and innovation in aging services. The Director of Nursing is responsible for strategic leadership, program development and implementation, and the overall administration of Nursing Services in accordance with community and resident needs, You must have exceptional knowledge of the state and federal regulations with a proven positive history with state surveys.
- We are a 44-bed facility
- Restorative care
- We offer in-house therapies
- We offer complex wound care
- Oversight of the nursing floor, CNAs & LPN and Residents
- Oversees and coordinates the clinical operations of the facility implementing shared governance and relationship-based care in all departments as assigned by the Administrator.
- Oversees the safety and infection control programs for the nursing department.
- Provides guidance and leadership in meeting the CMS standards of quality.
- Ensures that the care plans, initial assessments, quarterly assessments, annual assessments, and documents of similar nature are filed in a thorough and timely manner.
- Maintain the highest possible quality measures of the facility to ensure that residents are receiving the highest level of care.
- Provide supervision of CNAs, LPN’s, and RN’s in a supportive and clear manner.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- Valid State licensure as an RN
- Familiar with state & federal regulations.
- Must hold and maintain a current CPR certification
- Three (3) years of management or supervisory experience in long-term care
- Experience in supervising nursing staff and others for whom they are administratively or professionally responsible.