Park National Bank
Full Job Description
- Ensure customers are promptly and professionally served and meet branch objectives by effectively cross-selling financial products and services.
- Provide a wide variety of financial services such as opening and closing various deposit accounts, renewing certificate of deposit accounts, processing loan transactions, initiating credit card applications, assisting customers with account questions and processing general deposit transactions.
- Complete ongoing product knowledge, financial services and sales-oriented training to sustain broad base of product, service and sales knowledge.
- Project the bank’s professional reputation through knowledgeable, courteous interactions with customers and prompt resolution of requests, inquiries or issues.
- Protect bank assets by adhering to all processes, policies and procedures related to branch and cash security, negotiable instruments, information security, and Federal, State or Local regulations impacting teller activity.
- Cross train in various branch operation functions, such as ATM balancing, cash item resolution activity, teller outage reporting, and supplies.
- Complete periodic in-store communication and promotion activities specific to the office, if applicable.
- Individually and if applicable, as a manager, participate in identifying, measuring, monitoring, controlling and mitigating departmental and enterprise-wide risks.
- Maintain an awareness of and adhere to Bank’s compliance requirements and risk management concepts, expectations, policies and procedures and apply them to daily tasks.
- Review, complete and assist customers with basic lending applications including consumer loans and personal loans.
- Communicate recommendations for improved work flow and service to customers.
- Assist Head Teller with daily branch operations duties such as vault and cash ordering.
- Complete training in and utilize Contact Management and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Well-developed knowledge of the banking center functions, banking products and related services.
- Active listening skills with an ability to proactively identify and recommend products and services.
- Ability to handle potentially stressful situations and offer resolution.
- Professional communication style and ability to effectively complete aisle visits, store announcements and other activities specific to the office.
- Able to execute branch functions at the highest service level, including cash handling and branch security.
- Capacity to analyze a situation and make appropriate decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple tasks, work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic to intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work independently and handle basic customer issues.
- Deliver a consistent, high level of service within Service Excellence standards.
Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 7:00 pm and Saturday 8:00 am to 3:00 pm. This position is hourly and full-time. The expected hours per week to maintain full-time status for this position is 37.5. The average number of Saturdays required to work per month is 2.
- High School or better
- Cash Handling
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest