Knox Area Transit
Department: Knox Area Transit
Position Type: Part-Time, 20-28 hours weekly, classified, non-bargaining unit
Typical Work Schedule: Varies
Pay Range: $12.35 per hour
The primary purpose of the Scheduler / Dispatcher is the first contact with clients; scheduling rides, collecting client data, answering questions, and directing clients to appropriate department. The Scheduler / Dispatcher will perform Dispatch duties under the leadership of the Shift Leader to relieve Dispatchers and on Saturdays.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Must possess a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Essential Job Functions:
- Answer phones from public regarding transportation needs and services.
- Make and confirm reservations for transportation.
- Input data into Computer Aided Dispatch software (Ecolane).
- Use Computer Aided Dispatch software (Ecolane) to schedule trips and answer questions.
- Use other digital resources to answer client questions (ie: Where’s my ride?).
- Process credit card charges appropriately.
- Direct questions to shift leaders, dispatchers, and other office personnel.
- Possess good data entry and multi-tasking skills. Scheduler / Dispatcher must be able to communicate with client while navigating dispatching software to schedule services.
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
- Possess excellent multi line phone skills.
- Ability to use multiple screen computer system and navigate multiple tabs and resources within said computer system.
- Other duties as may be assigned by Management.
See position descriptions for more details.
Interested and qualified applicants should apply by submitting a resume, cover letter and application to Anthony Cline with Knox County Human Resources at email@example.com.