American Electric Power
Full Job Description
Territory can cover:
Do you have the power to learn and execute sales and marketing programs, then this role is for you!Job Summary:
Initially, you will begin in this role by starting in a remote contact center environment taking inbound calls. The role will transition into a field sales where you will work an assigned territory (Insert Geographic area) directly selling to customers. Our, door-to door Energy Advisors work full-time selling electricity and gas to Residential Customers.
We consider this an entry-level position and we offer the potential for growth.
The ideal candidate will have high-energy, drive, and ambition with a contagious positive attitude.
Successful candidates will have a strong service focus as well as results driven.
- Generate business by working an assigned territory visiting up to 30 – 50 residential houses per day selling electricity (direct sales)
- Use a consultative selling approach; Help educate and increase customer’s awareness of their energy choice as well as competitive advantage of choosing AEP Energy Partners over other energy providers;
- Provide potential customer with pricing and effectively close the sale
- Assure quality and accurate representation of products; Maintain professional image on behalf of the Company
Entry-Level role. Competitive individuals looking to excelMust have Valid Driver’s license with a good driving record
Must have a reliable form of personal transportation to use during the course of work hours
Must have auto insurance coverage that satisfies the minimum requirement for the state of OhioHS Diploma or equivalentWork Experience – Must have one of the following (can be non-concurrent):
- Three (3) months of phone or face to face customer service experience within a sales, retail, or service industry.
- 3 months of leadership experience in a club or organization.
- Prior military experience
- Embodies AEP Energy Values (i.e., Accountability, Passion, Integrity, Innovation, Humor, Humility, and Candor).
- High-energy, drive, and ambition with a contagious positive attitude.
- Strong service and results orientation.
- Power to learn and execute sales and marketing programs
- Enthusiastic and passionate desire to succeed
- High EQ- superior interpersonal skills, win-win mindset, relationship-builder.
- Innovative and resourceful.
- Excellent communication skills – written, spoken, listening with ability to explain and interpret complex issues clearly, mindful of audience.
- Ability to prioritize, plan proactively, manage conflicting priorities, operate in a high stress environment and multi-task effectively.
Physical demand level is Not Yet Determined