Mount Vernon Country Club
Mount Vernon, Ohio
Work in a team environment to produce high quality dishes for restaurant dining, special events, and catering. Prepare recipe dishes as well as create specials from scratch. Also, this position is responsible for sanitation and cleanliness of equipment and work area.
- Prepares or directs preparation of food served using established production procedures and systems.
- Correctly prepare food following standard recipes and special diet orders, as well as apportion food appropriately for serving.
- Able to prepare menu items at each station including pantry, grill, sauté, and middle.
- Restock items at each station on to ensure prep items are available for each shift.
- Ensures availability of supplies and food or approved substitutions in adequate time for preparation.
- Complies with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards.
- Observes proper food preparation, handling techniques and completes food temperature checks before service.
- Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature, and appearance of food are preserved.
- Keeps work area neat and clean at all times; cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation and reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to supervisor.
- Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or redesigned depending upon individual circumstances.
- Prepares and serves food for special functions as assigned.
- Proactively, positively and constructively supports the Mount Vernon Country Club vision, mission and quality statements, and the general company direction at all times.
- Shall not pose a safety risk to self or others in performing the essential duties of this position.
- Acts as a role model in carrying out job duties assigned within this position. This includes ethical management, strong work ethic, solid communications, creative problem solving, and a focus on getting results in a progressive team environment.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Requires High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Prefer fine dining setting experience
- Requires work experience in a restaurant-kitchen setting