Utility Line Locator
Mount Vernon, Ohio
Overview: Knox County, OH (Entry level, starting at $17/hr; paid Training Program and Company Truck)
Do you enjoy working independently and outdoors? If so, it may be time to “Start a New Career” with UtiliQuest! We are hiring Utility Line Locators in Knox County, OH to start in a PAID TRAINING class. UtiliQuest is now hiring experienced Utility Line Locators AND those wishing to start a new career! Learn a NEW TRADE and be a part of the growing Utilities Industry!
UtiliQuest, a leading provider of Damage Prevention Services, is searching for career-focused motivated individuals to locate underground utilities. No experience is required, but we welcome those with Utility Locating or related experience. We provide a COMPANY TRUCK and GREAT BENEFITS! Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Under the direction of a company supervisor, a Utility Line Locator performs work that involves visual inspection of predefined construction areas and reading and interpretation of utility maps to determine the presence of underground utilities, while using special electronic equipment to actually detect and locate said utilities. The utilities may include (but not be limited to) gas, electric, cable TV, telecommunications, sanitary sewer, water lines, street lighting and other facilities within the predefined construction area.
- Use lap-top computer or other devices to receive, document and close out excavation notices, both during normal hours and after hours.
- Read and interpret utility maps / prints to identify the type and size of underground utilities.
- Use assigned communication equipment to effectively communicate with excavators, utility reps, and company personnel, regarding underground facilities.
- Operate different electronic detection equipment, to locate and mark under-ground facilities within prescribed accuracy limits.
- Perform light excavation with a shovel, to expose buried utilities when necessary.
- Provide accurate documentation and or sketches related to all locates completed.
- Receive and respond to excavation notices during normal and after hours in accordance with established time requirements.
- Operate company vehicles in a safe manner and maintain a professional appearance
- Be able to perform manhole entry using assigned equipment and safety devices
- Perform work in all weather conditions, during normal and after hours.
- The employee shall follow all safety rules at all times.
- Will need to have the ability to work a flexible schedule (some evenings and weekends) as ticket/production load requires.
- Employee will respond to emergency calls during scheduled on-call shift rotation
- High School Diploma, GED equivalent, relevant work experience, or a combination of education and work experience preferred
- Valid State driver’s license (cannot be considered Provisional), including an MVR record that is deemed acceptable by the company.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Upon employment, will be subject to random drug testing in compliance with federal, state and company guidelines.
- Proficient in the use of hand tools and equipment. (shovels, screw drivers, wrenches, and ped keys etc.)
- Medical/Prescription Plans: four (4) medical plan options which include prescription benefits.
- Dental Plans: two (2) dental insurance options – a high option plan that covers most dental treatments along with diagnostics and preventive care; and a low option plan that covers the basic diagnostics and preventive care.
- Group Vision Plan: a PPO plan where participating doctors provide eye exams and substantial discounts for services and materials.
- Flexible Spending Account: benefit allows pre-tax dollars to be contributed annually to a reimbursement account for your and your family members’ qualified healthcare expenses (up to $2,500) and dependent care expenses (up to $5,000).
- Retirement Savings Plans: 401(K) – once eligible, employees have the option to invest 1% – 75% of their salary. The company will match a portion of this investment.
- Stock Purchase Plan: allows employees to purchase company stock, when eligible, through payroll deductions.
- Short & Long Term Disability: group rates for disability insurance benefits which will replace a portion of your income due to illness or injury.
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance: available at group rates.
- Company Discounts
- Legal Services Insurance: access to legal professionals at favorable rates.
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement: up to $7,500 per calendar year
Keywords: Utility Line, Locator, Maintenance, Electrical, Construction, Damage Investigator, Pest Control, military veteran, cable technician, #ZR, #Indeed, #readytowork, IND2
Applicants are required to pass all company drug testing, submit to a background check and adhere to all OSHA, state, city/municipality safety requirements and training provided by the company as required.
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company’s policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver’s License