Brookdale Senior Living
Mount Vernon, Ohio
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
– – :
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Conducts various health-screening tests on associates.
• Greets associates at the beginning of shift to take temperature and ask the required screening questions.
• Perform the COVID-19 test as required by the state.
• Maintains screening logs for documentation.
• Maintains accurate COVID-19 related documentation.
• Communicates effectively and provides excellent customer service.
• Responsible for reporting requirement to the Department of Health as assigned
• Completes other duties as assigned.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Minimum of one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
• Reach with hands and arms
• Climb or balance
• Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
• Talk or hear
• Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
• Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
• Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
• Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
• Exposure to latex
• Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
• Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.