Hibbett Sports/City Gear
Full Job Description
Do you enjoy working in a collaborative leadership role where you get to contribute to the decisions being made when running the daily operations of a Hibbett store? As an Assistant Manager, you will assist in leading a team of talented individuals whose first priority is creating a 5-star experience for all Hibbett customers. We are a leading athletic-inspired fashion retailer with more than 1,000 stores.
It is the Assistant Coach’s responsibility to assist and consult with the Store Manager (Head Coach) regarding overall operations and administrative duties. This includes determining the methods and approaches necessary to accomplish the store’s goals. The Assistant Manager (Assistant Coach) helps mentor and leads the team in the Head Coach’s absence.
- Discuss and develop an action plan with Store Manager (Head Coach) to achieve a consistent 5-star customer experience.
- Mentor and develop all team members to uphold Hibbett’s standards.
- Guides and motivates store team to drive sales through all avenues by maximizing selling behaviors.
- Is conscious of and understands inventory, sales statistics, and expenses to ensure successfully reaching goals and maximizing profitability.
- Keeps Store Manager (Head Coach) in the know as to inventory movement and customer trends.
- Works alongside Store Manager (Head Coach) to understand all aspects of running an efficient store and accepts all day-to-day responsibility in the absence of the Store Manager (Head Coach).
High school diploma or general education diploma (GED). Experience isn’t required but is considered a plus.
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) or be currently enrolled in High School. No experience required.
- Language: English and Spanish preferred
- 18 years of age or older