Knox Area Transit
Knox County is hiring! Please see the posting information below for more details. Interested and qualified applicants should apply by submitting a resume, cover letter and application to Dana Bushong with Knox County Human Resources at email@example.com. Thank you!
Department: Knox Area Transit
Position Type(s): Full-time, 40 hours per week (Non-bargaining unit) Classified
Typical Work Schedule: 11:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. (Tuesday-Friday). 9:00 am – 5:30 p.m. (Saturday)
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday, 6 AM – 7 PM
Saturday, 8 AM – 5 PM
Pay Range: $11.00 per hour
Under the supervision of the Transit Director, the Detailer is responsible for cleaning and maintaining the appearance of Knox Area Transit vehicles and facilities.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Individual must possess a valid driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable driving record. Applicant must be 18 years of age or older.
Essential Job Functions:
- Cleans automobiles and facilities;
- Washes vehicle interiors and exteriors using cleaning solution, water, cloths, and brushes;
- Cleans restrooms and other common spaces;
- Vacuums interiors of vehicles to remove loose dirt and debris, using vacuum cleaner;
- Cleans upholstery, rugs, and other surfaces, using cleaning agents, applicators, and cleaning devices;
- Applies revitalizers and preservatives to vinyl or leather surfaces, and treats fabrics with spot and stain resistant chemicals to preserve and protect interior components;
- Applies special purpose cleaners to remove foreign materials which do not respond to normal cleaning procedures, utilizing experience and following recommendations of product manufacturer; and
- Takes out trash, orders and re-stocks supplies, and replaces light fixtures.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs related non-essential functions as needed.
*See position descriptions for more details