Knox County Prosecutor’s Office
Equal Opportunity Employer
Knox County Prosecutor’s Office is hiring! Please see the posting information below for more details
Title: Assistant Prosecuting Attorney – Juvenile/Civil
Department: Knox County Prosecutor’s Office
Position Type(s): Fulltime, Exempt, Unclassified
Typical Work Schedule: Varies, Monday through Friday
Pay Range: Commensurate with experience
This Assistant Prosecutor represents the State of Ohio in Knox County Juvenile Court and the Court of Common Pleas, and may be assigned certain cases in the Fifth District Court of Appeals.
Minimum Education and Training:
Juris Doctorate; licensed and in good standing to practice law in the State of Ohio.
- Review juvenile delinquency cases for charges.
- Conduct pre-trial motion practice, trials, plea negotiations and sentencings in Knox County Juvenile Court.
- Work with Knox County Children Services on cases where youths are neglected, abused or dependent in addition to being delinquent.
- Handle Board of Revision foreclosure cases on behalf of the Knox County Treasurer
- Represent and advise the County, its elected officials and its various departments, agencies, boards and commissions of Knox County;
- Handle select civil litigation in which the County has an interest, including tort, and contract disputes, as well as civil rights litigation and employment litigation;
- Provide legal advice to County officials, boards and commissions on all legal matters affecting county government, including general legal compliance, labor and employment matters, land acquisition and sales, contract negotiation;
- Advise and represent boards of township trustees on wide variety of matters, including land use and zoning matters; and
- Perform all other duties assigned, delegated or required of the Assistant Prosecuting Attorney, as well as those prescribed by law.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Please send a cover letter; resume including three professional references; and two writing samples by 4 p.m. on Friday, May 28, 2021 to:
Knox County Prosecuting Attorney
117 East High Street, Suite 234
Mount Vernon, OH 43050
or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org