Seasonal Grounds Person
Full Job Description
Kenyon College is conducting a search for qualified candidates to fill the positions of seasonal Grounds Persons to maintain weeding, mulching, hand mowing and trimming of campus and a wide variety of tasks working independently or as a member of a group, to maintain college-owned property and campus grounds; present a hazard-free and overall clean and neat campus appearance. Individual must understand that it may be necessary to work overtime (although it can not be guaranteed), in order to provide a safe campus for students. Work hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 am – 4:30 pm, with a one-hour unpaid lunch. The hourly rate of pay is $12.00.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Trim lawn areas, athletic fields and other areas maintained by Kenyon Grounds department; using trimmers and hand mowers.
- Pick up litter and trash on campus grounds and athletic fields.
- Maintain and improve campus grounds through grading of terrain, seeding and sodding, irrigation.
- Maintain campus paths, roadways and parking areas, including but not limited to spreading of gravel, sweeping.
- Plant shrubbery, trees and flower beds and assist in the removal of dead leaves, branches and plant materials.
- Wash vehicles and equipment.
- Experience and knowledge of safely operating tractors, mowers, chainsaws, weed-eaters and other various hand and power tools.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimum supervision using good judgment.
- Ability to comprehend and follow verbal and/or written instructions.
- Ability to lift, carry and move materials, supplies, tools and equipment to the completion of work, such as bleachers, soccer goals, etc.
- Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license and be accepted by the College’s insurance provider to operate and work from various types of vehicles.
Kenyon College is an equal opportunity employer and applications from members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged. It is the College’s policy to evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical and/or mental disability, age, religion, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy or state, local, or federal law. Kenyon College has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion. Please visit our Diversity at Kenyon website.