Full Job Description
We LOVE Shoes!!! Our mission at Shoe Sensation, Inc. is to provide quality and brand name footwear for the entire family. From toddlers to seniors, our large selection of shoes has something for everyone as the typical Shoe Sensation will showcase over 10,000 pairs of the latest styles.
Since opening in 1984, Shoe Sensation has focused on bringing America’s top footwear brands to growing communities in the Midwest and South. Shoe Sensation has achieved success through superior merchandise assortment, and outstanding customer service, within a well-designed and comfortably appointed store environment.
Backup Assistant (Part-Time Position) – Retail
We are looking for our next sales leader superstar to help run our business. The Back-Up Assistant (BUA) is an entry-level key holder position that has shift duty responsibilities, trains sales associates, responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and presentation expectations for the store, and the overall customer experience. The BUA interacts with our customers, helps them find the right shoe for their needs, helps them find the right size, encourages them to buy other shoes or accessories, and ultimately give the customers the best experience possible and teaches others to do the same. We are looking for someone wants a part-time, entry-level key holder position, not afraid of some work, loves interacting with the general public, teaching others and of course loves shoes!
This is the first of our keyholder positions and reports directly to the Store Manager, but also reports indirectly to the management team and Marketing Sales Director.
- Responsible for the shift managerial duties, which include maintaining a safe and customer friendly environment.
- Willing to maintain an open flexibility for additional hours when others report off.
- Assign and hold accountable the tasks and demeanor of the sales associates who work on the shift.
- Communicate with the next shift manager/store manager on task status at the end of shift.
- Maintain the security of the keys and the store by unlocking and locking for operation and security.
- Make bank deposits when it is part of the shift task.
- Knowledge of the sales goals for the shift and making sure the team knows the sales goals and how to reach them
- Training operations and sales techniques to those who need assistance on your shift
- Responsible for the sales floor, bathroom, and backroom being clean, organized, and updated with the sales and marketing planograms as required.
- Develop knowledge of the products in the store and assisting the sales associates to learn them, as well
- Responsible for freight and securing product, which includes proper inventory control and product placement in the store.
- Communicate with the store manager concerning matters which may require discipline or guidance in handling situations as they arise.
- Able to properly handle confidential and sensitive information
- Participate in precautionary security measures to protect Company assets.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures, and follow all safety standards to ensure a safe work and shopping environment.
- Computer skills are required for using technology in the store for the register, reviewing required tasks, inventory and pricing processes, accessing your schedule, requesting time off, just to name a few.
- All other duties as requested by the Store Management Team or Marketing Sales Director
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Excellent customer service.
- Possesses a strong work ethic, be trustworthy and a sense of responsibility.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- 1-2 years of successful retail sales experience.
- Open availability for scheduling.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to learn and share appropriate knowledge with others.
- Maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Able to maintain a professional demeanor
- Must be able to work opening/closing shifts, weekend, holidays, and overtime.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 25-50 pounds
Compensation and Benefits**:
- Competitive hourly pay
- Paid-time off (PTO) Program
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Eligible for Dental & Vision Health Insurance plans
- Generous Employee Discount
To perform the responsibilities of a Backup Assistant, an individual must have the ability to perform the essential duties outlined in the accountability and responsibility section of the job description satisfactorily and in accordance with Shoe Sensation, Inc. policies and any applicable laws. The requirements of this position are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While working all employees will frequently be expected to stand, walk and sit. Employees will be required to climb ladder, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Employees are required to lift/move up to 25-50 pounds. Must be 18 years of Age or older.**Benefits are subject to change from time to time and as the company dictates.