Knox County Prosecutor’s Office
Title: Administrative Assistant
Department: Knox County Prosecutor’s Office
Position Type(s): Fulltime, non-exempt, unclassified
Typical Work Schedule: 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
Pay Range: $14.00 to $15.00 per hour, commensurate with experience
Individual is responsible for providing administrative support to the Knox County Prosecutor’s Office.
High School education or equivalent plus two-years related work experience. Knowledge of court proceedings and terminology is preferred. Must possess a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record. Must meet and maintain all required licenses and certifications as a continued condition of employment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Follows department procedures for proper handling of all administrative functions of the office;
- Assists in various administrative projects and functions;
- Contacts attorneys regarding cases;
- Prepares, processes and distributes incoming and outgoing documentation and correspondence;
- Performs computer operations using various software such as MS Word, Excel, Access and Outlook;
- Schedules appointments and prepares materials for meetings;
- Orders and maintains inventory of office supplies;
- Creates work order requests as necessary for office repairs;
- Creates purchase orders as requested;
- Answers telephones, screen calls, makes referrals, and gives and received information;
- Receives and greets visitors;
- Operates office equipment as provided; and
- Must maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the position.
Submit a resume, cover letter, and application to:
Dana Bushong, PHR
Knox County Director of Human Resources
117 East High Street
Mount Vernon, Ohio 43050
Or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.