Position Type(s): Part-time – Non-bargaining unit, non-exempt
Typical Work Schedule: Varies- typically, Monday – Friday, during the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Pay Range: $14.50 per hour
Individual is responsible for the cleaning of offices and performing other custodial duties within the buildings. Individual may also be required to perform routine maintenance duties on occasion. Individual is under direct supervision of the Maintenance/ Building Services Technician.
High school education or equivalent. Work consists of varied, standardized and non-standardized tasks requiring application of numerous procedures.
Must possess a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance that complies with the County policy combined with an acceptable driving record.
Must meet and maintain all required licenses and certifications as a continued condition of employment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Cleaning floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, waxing, buffing or vacuuming;
- Gathering and emptying trash and recycling;
- Servicing, cleaning and supplying restrooms;
- Cleaning windows, glass and mirrors;
- Dusting furniture, walls, machines and equipment;
- Mixing and handling cleaning solutions;
- Cleaning carpets as needed;
- Assisting with the restoration of building interiors damaged by fire, smoke or water;
- Monitoring building security and safety measures;
- Assisting with moving furniture and supplies;
- Mowing and trimming lawns and shrubbery;
- Clearing and cleaning debris from the grounds including snow removal;
- Notifying maintenance personnel of needed repairs to building operating systems; and
- Requisitioning supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
Submit a resume, cover letter, and application to:
Dana Bushong, PHR
Knox County Director of Human Resources
117 East High Street
Mount Vernon, Ohio 43050
Or via email at email@example.com.