Clerk of Courts
Knox County Clerk of Courts
Title: Deputy Title Clerk
Department: Knox County Clerk of Courts
Position Type(s): Fulltime, non-exempt, unclassified
Typical Work Schedule: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday thru Friday & 8 a.m. to noon on Saturdays
Pay Range: $15.00 per hour
Individual maintains the official certificate of title records of motor vehicle and watercraft ownership for the residents of the State of Ohio. Individual reports directly to the title office supervisor.
High School diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelors or associates degree and previous title experience is preferred. Prior experience handling cash drawers basic accounting and daily balancing experience is required. Must possess a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record. Must meet and maintain all required licenses and certifications as a continued condition of employment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Issues, records and cancels Ohio certificates of ownership;
- Transfers ownership of vehicles and watercraft;
- Calculates and collects sales tax and title fees on title transactions;
- Prepares and sends daily reports to county and state agencies;
- Scans and archives all documents related to title transactions;
- Maintains filing system of title documents;
- Monitors records according to retention schedules;
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance;
- Attends various training sessions, video conferences, and workshops;
- Performs typing, word processing, and related computer operations; and
- Works overtime and outside of typical work schedule/business hours as required.
*Please visit our website to see the complete position descriptions for more details and to apply.
Submit a resume, cover letter, and application to:
Dana Bushong, PHR
Knox County Director of Human Resources
117 East High Street
Mount Vernon, Ohio 43050
Or via email at email@example.com.