The holiday shopping season this year is focused on online shopping more than ever. BBB is offering tips to ensure your packages are delivered on time and safely.
Package theft is a growing problem across America, as 36% of people recently surveyed have reported having a package stolen at least once. Porch pirates are a frequent issue.
BBB offers the following safe delivery tips:
- Don’t leave mail and packages unattended, if possible: Have a neighbor, friend, or relative stop by and pick up expected deliveries.
- Track packages: Follow shipments from the seller to your front door with online, text message, or phone call tracking offered through the delivery company. Sign up for alerts to be notified of delays or exceptions and when the package has been delivered.
- Request a signature: This package delivery feature will likely come with a fee, but without a recipient’s signature, the delivery service won’t be able to leave a package exposed on a doorstep.
- Use a credit card: When making purchases online, use a credit card rather than a debit card or another form of payment. Credit card companies are more likely to offer refunds in the event of theft.
- Insure valuable items: Purchase delivery insurance to protect merchandise against loss or damage. Contact the local police department if you do become a victim of package theft.
- Check with online retailers: Many online retailers offer alternative shipping options. Check to see if they offer a delivery option where you can pick up your items at a delivery hub near you.
- Check with your employer: Some employers will allow package delivery to your place of work for safe keeping..
Remember to always report scammers. If you’ve been the target of a scam or suspect scam activity, report it to authorities and BBB Scam Tracker to warn others.
Lists of BBB Accredited Businesses by industry, and BBB Business Reviews you can trust on local businesses and charities, visit BBB.org for reliable information