Novolex Holdings LLC
While working in a safe, effective manner, the Maintenance Manager will keep quality in mind at all times. Works in a cooperative team environment to supervise and plan the day-to-day activities of the maintenance department. Prepare the daily PM schedule. Assist in the planning and installation of new equipment utilizing the internal maintenance resources. Manage and direct maintenance workers on the timely and safe completion of work orders. Maintain a clean and safe work environment in the maintenance work areas. Performs all other duties or tasks as required by supervision.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Supervise the day-to-day work activities of the maintenance department.
- Supervision, planning, coordination and execution of all facility maintenance activities to optimize equipment uptime, safety, and environmental performance.
- Regularly manage boiler/steam system maintenance including boiler chemicals, troubleshooting and ensure compliance with safety, legislative and environmental requirements.
- Responsible for electrical preventative maintenance programs including infrared analysis, xfmr oil analysis, relay testing and general electrical equipment housekeeping in compliance with safety and code requirements in unison with the engineering department.
- Ensure the mill has up to date electrical schematics on site in addition to maintaining the accessibility to the electrical substation and appropriate maintenance of transformer overflows
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Assist in the reduction of costs by managing inventory and ordering strategies.
- Achieve maintenance competency on all equipment located in the plant
- Perform follow-up audits of work completed and/or preventive work orders in order to maintain consistent workmanship.
- Maintain the Work Order Database and identify any trouble areas through the data recorded.
- Manage all maintenance personnel to the letter of the Employee Reference guide. Discipline as needed.
- Research and implement new maintenance technologies as they develop.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be a team player with a “can do” attitude.
- Must be able to think on your feet, work with limited supervision and make sound decisions.
- Solid knowledge of company policies and the ability to hold people accountable.
- Good organizational, written and verbal skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and work the necessary times to accomplish goals.
- Good motivational skills.
- Capable of communicating with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Should possess basic mechanical and electrical skills.
- Capable of working in hot environment and in areas where inks and lubricants are used.
- Must be capable of standing for long periods of time.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry 25 lbs. and occasionally up to 50 lbs.
- Must have basic troubleshooting abilities.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have basic computer and math skills.
- Must be able to read basic English.
- Regularly required to stand, sit, move about facility, climb stairs, bend, twist, kneel, crouch or crawl, use hands and fingers to touch, handle, or feel objects, tools and controls, grasp, push, pull, reach with hands and arms, lift above shoulder level. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Please no recruiting agencies
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements.
Novolex does not publicly post salary information on job boards.
Novolex™ is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Company’s application process should contact Jamie Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mount Vernon, Ohio