Cashier/Front End Associate
What you’ll do
As a cashier at Walmart, you are more than just an “item scanner.” You play a major role in how our customers feel when they leave the store. You might be the first, last, and sometimes only associate that customers interact with. That’s why it’s so important to smile, greet, and thank each and every customer.
The pace can be intense, especially in the evenings, on weekends, and during a holiday season. There are times when you have to juggle several tasks in a short amount of time while helping customers: scan items, explain a price, bag items properly, count cash back, and keep your area clean–you get the idea!
Thankfully, our cashiers find the end result rewarding. You’re part of a large team with a common goal: happy, satisfied customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Smile, greet and thank customers with a positive attitude
- Stand for long periods of time while checking out customers quickly and accurately
- Keep your area clean and presentable
- Answer customer questions and help them with their needs
- Be available to assist associates across the store as needed
Mount Vernon, Ohio