The Village of Fredericktown office, located at 2 E. Sandusky Street, will reopen on Monday, May 4th at 9:00 AM. As the Village office reopens, the threat of COVID-19 remains a reality. The Village of Fredericktown is dedicated to protecting both our employees and the public.… Read full story
(COLUMBUS, Ohio)—Ohio Governor Mike DeWine and Dr. Amy Acton, MD, MPH, today provided the following updates on Ohio’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Governor DeWine announced today that Ohio has provided more than 1.1 million items of personal protective equipment (PPE) to Ohio’s state prisons.… Read full story
April showers bring May flowers and who is ready to explore those in bloom and those yet to bloom? We encourage you to get out and learn about Ohio Wildflowers. The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) has designed an awesome Spring Wildflower field guide to aid as the perfect tool for ID.… Read full story
WASHINGTON –The Department of Justice’s Office of Justice Programs announced that it has awarded more than $74 million to nine states to address the public safety challenges posed by the outbreak of COVID-19.
Awards are being made to: the Alaska Department of Public Safety, $3,585,351; the Colorado Department of Public Safety, $9,184,619; the Idaho State Police, $3,912,375; the Indiana Criminal Justice Institute, $11,090,030; the Kentucky Justice and Public Safety Cabinet, $6,827,620; the Louisiana Commission on Law Enforcement, $9,688,333; the Missouri Department of Public Safety, $11,631,106; the Nevada Department of Public Safety, $7,385,200; and the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services, $10,832,775.… Read full story
Columbus – Auditor of State Keith Faber is pleased to announce that the following entities received the Auditor of State Award for their clean audit reports.
· Brunswick City School District (Medina County)
· Clermont Northeastern Local School District (Clermont County)
· Lincolnview Local School District (Van Wert County)
· Pinnacle Academy (Cuyahoga County)
· Academy for Urban Scholars (Franklin County)
· Arts and College Preparatory Academy (Franklin County)
· Cuyahoga Falls City School District (Summit County)
· Hope Academy Northcoast Campus (Cuyahoga County)
· Autism Academy of Learning (Lucas County)
· Columbus Preparatory and Fitness Academy (Franklin County)
· East Muskingum Local School District (Muskingum County)
· Minford Local School District (Scioto County)
· Northeast Ohio Areawide Coordinating Agency (Cuyahoga County)
· Richmond Heights Local School District (Cuyahoga County)
· Riverside Local School District (Lake County)
· Stark County Educational Service Center (Stark County)
· Grand Valley Local School District (Ashtabula County)
· Tecumseh Local School District (Clark County)
· The Richland School of Academic Arts (Richland County)
· Vanguard Sentinel Career and Technology Centers (Sandusky County)
· Warren County Educational Service Center (Warren County)
· West Branch Local School District (Mahoning County)
· Blanchester Local School District (Clinton County)
· Eagle Learning Center, Inc.
Senator is Urging Senate Leadership to Address Needs of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program in Next Coronavirus Relief Package
WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) joined his colleagues this week in urging Senate leadership to support and strengthen the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).… Read full story
(COLUMBUS, Ohio) — Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost today announced that the Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI) has implemented the quantitative analysis of marijuana in drug evidence seized by law enforcement.
… Read full story
“BCI’s new ability to differentiate between marijuana and hemp creates a valuable resource for officers who depend on our laboratory services, offered at no cost to them,” Yost said.
WASHINGTON—In 2018, the combined state and federal imprisonment rate was 431 sentenced prisoners per 100,000 U.S. residents, which was the lowest rate since 1996, when there were 427 sentenced prisoners per 100,000 residents, the Bureau of Justice Statistics announced today.
Across a decade, the imprisonment rate fell 15%, from 506 sentenced prisoners per 100,000 U.S.… Read full story
Knox County Sheriff’s Report – Apr 30, 2020
(Information courtesy of The Knox County Sheriff’s Office)
A Complainant advised that someone shot off a firework that hit his house causing damage to the siding on April 26th, 2020.
Larry Fox, of Howard, was arrested for domestic violence on April 29th, 2020.… Read full story