MVNU is implementing the following actions in response to Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine’s recommendations to Ohio colleges and universities:
- All in-seat classes on all campuses are suspended Thursday, March 12, and Friday, March 13, as we transition to distance learning starting Monday, March 16, 2020.
- Faculty will use a portion of class time on Wednesday, March 11, to discuss their protocol and expectation for distance learning.
- Chapel is cancelled beginning Wednesday, March 11, through March 27.
- Students must maintain communications with their faculty members during the distance learning period.
- Residence halls and dining service will remain open.
- Most public gatherings/events are cancelled through March 29. Visit mvnu.edu/events to confirm if an event is taking place.
- Athletic competitions will continue as scheduled. Indoor events will continue without spectators.
- Staff will continue to report to campus. Employees should work with their direct supervisor to determine if working remotely is necessary.
- As of Tuesday, March 10, at 6 p.m., there are no confirmed or suspected cases of COVID-19 in Knox County, Ohio.
These decisions will remain effective until March 29. University officials will continue to assess this fluid situation and provide updates at mvnu.edu/stayinformed.
MVNU continues to work closely with Knox Public Health to stay abreast of the latest developments in Knox County.
The Senior Leadership Team is continuing to finalize the plan for distance learning. Additional details will be released Wednesday, March 11.