Sanoh America, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sanoh Industrial Ltd., with manufacturing sites in Ohio, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Indiana and Ontario. Sanoh America supplies the Automotive Industry with corrosion-resistant fluid handling tubing. We are currently seeking an individual to fill the position of Production Control Manager, at our Mount Vernon, OH facility.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Plan, organize, and supervise the effective operation of the delivery function; Ensure timely and efficient delivery; Coordinate with plant personnel and Production Control group to attain all business metric targets; Coordinate freight set-up and cost tracking; Study shipping notices, bills of lading, invoice orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods to meet schedules.
2. Coordinate with plant personnel and Production Control group to attain all business metric targets; Maintain all applicable performance tracking metrics; Monitor customer demand and forecasts for accuracy; Maintain proper inventory transactions in ERP system and verify transactions and inventory levels are accurate;
3. Report appropriate Metrics to management on agreed upon frequency.
4. Support APQP process for assigned Plant; Communicate status and requirements to Parts Control Group and Production Planning Group.
5. Coordinate all customer packaging activities for new and current model; Manage Packaging Sketch Forms, Maintain proper inventory tracking, maintain proper levels of container inventory, and participate in packaging trials.
6. Serve as primary customer contact for all delivery-related items; Monitor and maintain all customer portals; Assist in reconciling any customer payment concerns.
7. Provides maintenance of all applicable work instructions and visual employee assignment boards.
8. Conducts and manages every physical inventory.
9. Leads all 5-P / DTR / 5-Y activities for customer issues related to delivery; Maintain proper 5-S of Shipping, receiving and storage areas.
10. Supervise and ensure an effective Receiving / Distribution function; Provides support, direction, and development for assigned salary and hourly staff; this includes hands-on support when necessary.
11. Oversees the cycle count process and reconciliation reporting; Analyzes and reports cycle count results; Suggests and implements countermeasure activity.
12. Ensures accurate and efficient distribution of materials to the shop floor.
13. Supervisor execution of production scheduling process using corporate defined processes.
14. Supervise the Data Systems group personnel and provide guidance on the setup of parts, routing changes, etc. following corporate standards.
Required Skills & Abilities:
1. Effective supervisory skills (conflict management, problem resolution, performance management, coaching/counseling, etc.)
2. Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
3. Effective organizational and time management skills; Able to manage multiple projects and deadlines
4. Effective use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
5. Organizational, time management, planning and prioritization skills
6. Abilities in situation analysis, decision-making, and problem solving
7. Ability to budget and forecast
8. Good meeting leadership and facilitation skills
9. Good abilities in data collection and analysis
Required Education and/or Experience:
1. Two or four-year degree in Business, Engineering, or Materials Management, or equivalent experience
2. Minimum two years in a Materials or Production Control manufacturing environment
This position offers an exceptional benefit package including medical/dental/vision benefits, pension, company-matched 401k, short/long term disability, life insurance, vacation, etc. The successful candidate will also enjoy a positive team oriented environment.
EEO/drug & alcohol test required