A Dispatcher is responsible for the coordination of the utilization of drivers, trucks and containers to create capacity, maximize productivity and ensure prompt, courteous and efficient service to all customers.
- Ensure maximum productivity by achieving or exceeding Company-established goals by successfully routing vehicles.
- Assign loads to drivers based on designated routes and driver location.
- Prepare, update and dispense the daily route schedule.
- Gather and maintain route sheet documentation for pick-ups (scheduled, missed, extra pick ups), route completions and driver locations.
- Ensure route completion via the driver check-in process.
- Courteously interact with customers, as required.
- Report driver performance issues or concerns to appropriate management for resolution.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned..
- Experience in a customer-facing position.
- Two years of prior experience driving heavy commercial trucks, and/ or working as a dispatcher.
- High School Diploma or GED.