After the trick-or-treaters clear away and Halloween is officially over, don’t trash your pumpkins! There are several ways to recycle them with wildlife and your garden in mind. Visit the National Wildlife Federation’s blog for ideas: http://ow.ly/OR5C305AxXe
1. Compost your old jack-o-lanterns
2. Make a Snack-o-lantern for birds or squirrels
3. Leave pumpkin seeds for wildlife
4. Cut it into pieces for wildlife to snack on
5. Plant the seeds for more pumpkins!
How do you reuse pumpkins in your yard?