Sales Associate Wanted in Centerburg
Dollar General (NYSE: DG) is a Fortune 200 company with more than 15,400 retail locations in 44 states, 16 distribution centers and 135,000 employees that embody our mission of Serving Others each and every day. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation, diversity and teamwork, all while keeping our customers and communities at the center of everything we do! At Dollar General, employees have numerous growth and development career opportunities through award-winning training and being part of one of America’s fastest-growing retailers. Apply today and let’s grow together!
The Sales Associate acts as a point of contact for our customers. The duties of the Sales Associate include assisting customers in locating and purchasing merchandise, operating the cash register, stocking merchandise, recovering merchandise, cleaning the store, and performing other duties as assigned by the Store Manager to maximize store profitability and customer satisfaction while protecting company assets.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provide excellent customer service, greet and assist customers.
• Operate cash register and scanner to itemize and total customer’s purchase, collect payment from customers and make change, bag merchandise, and assist customers with merchandise as necessary.
• Follow company merchandise processes; unpack, stock, restock, and rotate merchandise on shelves and build merchandise displays.
• Clean the store, take out trash, dust and mop store floors, clean restroom and receiving room, and help set up sidewalk displays.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
• Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills.
• Understanding of safety policies and practices.
• Ability to read and follow planogram and merchandise presentation guides.
• Knowledge of basic cash handling procedures.
• Basic mathematical skills.
• Ability to perform cash register functions.
• Ability to stock merchandise.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Frequent walking and standing
• Frequent bending, stooping, and kneeling to run check out station, stock merchandise and unload trucks; which may also require the ability to push and/or pull rolltainers for stocking merchandise • Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as handheld scanners, pricing guns, box cutters, merchandise containers, two-wheel dollies, U-boats (six-wheel carts), and rolltainers
• Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasional lifting of up to 55 pounds
• Occasional climbing (using step ladder) up to heights of six feet
• Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level
• Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer