(CAMBRIDGE, Ohio) — A Guernsey County grand jury indicted Tierra Mounts last week for her role in the death of her son, Wyatt Mounts. Mounts was arrested last Friday and was arraigned today in the Guernsey County Court of Common Pleas. The court set a $1 million bond.
For actions that occurred leading up to the death of her son on Aug. 16, 2018, Mounts faces 33 felony charges, including:
- 1 count of Murder (Unclassified Felony)
- 1 count of Permitting Child Abuse (F-1)
- 1 count of Engaging in a Pattern of Corrupt Activity (F-1)
- 5 counts of Felonious Assault (F-2)
- 20 counts of Endangering Children (F-3)
- 4 counts of Obstructing Justice (F-3)
- 1 count of Tampering with Evidence (F-3)
The indictment says that Wyatt Mounts was the repeated victim of felonious assaults by his mother. Tierra Mounts allegedly tried to conceal the ongoing child abuse while continuing to commit actions that led to Wyatt’s death.
Tierra Mounts’ boyfriend, Marvin Benson, was convicted on March 13, 2019, for the murder of Wyatt Mounts and sentenced to life in prison.
The Special Prosecutions Section of the Ohio Attorney General’s Office is prosecuting this case along with Guernsey County Prosecutor Joel Blue. Indictments merely contain allegations and the defendant is presumed innocent unless proven guilty in a court of law.