– Provides an ongoing program of activities designed to meet the interest and physical, mental, and psychological well being of each patient.
– Completes assessments, and develops care plans to design activities that are multi-faceted, meets resident’s functional levels, and reflects needs and interests of each resident.
– Offers activities that involve facility, staff, volunteers and visitors.
– Occasionally assists with escorting residents to and from activities.
– Posts monthly activity calendars
– Is licensed or registered, if applicable, by the State in which practicing; and
– Is eligible for certification as a therapeutic recreation specialist or as an activities professional OR
– Has 2 years of experience in a social or recreational program OR
– Is a qualified occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant; or
– Has completed a training course approved by the State