Freeze Credit Request For Water

With the cold that we are experiencing, it is necessary for most of us to let water drip or run from faucets to prevent water lines from freezing.  The City of Mount Vernon offers a credit that will be applied after the freeze season is over with the completion and submission of a Freeze Credit Request Form.  The credit is usually applied in March and can help with the larger water bills that occur during extremely cold conditions when faucets are left dripping.  If you allow your water to run in a small thin stream you will be credited back to your average bill.  The maximum amount of credit allowed for freezing is 900 cubic foot per unit.  The form must be completed and turned into the water company before the end of February.  The form is available at the Water Department or can be downloaded here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *