Next of Kin
Ohioans may add two emergency contacts to their Bureau of Motor Vehicles record for use by law enforcement. Parents of children who have an Ohio ID card are encouraged to add contact information to their child’s record for use in the event the child becomes lost or is reported missing.
- There is no fee to add contact information to your record.
- Minors under age 18 must have a parent or legal guardian as their primary contact.
- Those age 18 and older may list anyone as a primary contact.
- Contact information is stored in a secure database accessible only by the Ohio BMV and law enforcement.
How Do I Provide My Information?
- In person at any deputy registrar license agency in Ohio.
- By mail to the address listed on the Next of Kin/Emergency Contact Enrollment (form BMV 2437)